Students Transferring to Texas State
NOTE: Our program is now full. The application site will open again in February 2019 for students who would begin in our program in Fall 2019. Please check back with us then!
Academic and eligibility criteria for students transferring to Texas State:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Must be pursuing a B.S. degree as a STEM major in the College of Science and Engineering
- Applicant must be and continue as a fulltime undergraduate student (12+ hours per semester) at Texas State; maintain a minimum GPA of 2.5 (Texas State, semester, and major GPA)
- Note to juniors & seniors: Applicants who are juniors or seniors must have at least four long semesters and two summers left prior to graduating (and beginning with the semester you are applying for).
Helpful hints before you begin the application:
- Review the application carefully before you begin to complete it.
- Apply early.
- The online application must be completed in one sitting; data will not be saved until you press submit at the end of the application.
- References: In the application, you will be asked to list the name and email address of two (2) individuals who will serve as a reference for you.These individuals should be science, technology, engineering, or math professors who know you well and who are familiar with your academic performance and STEM career goals. References will be requested via electronic notification. You do not need to obtain or mail letters of recommendation. Please notify your references that we will contact them via email to complete on online recommendation.
- You will be asked to upload your resume.
Additional documents required:
For students transferring to Texas State - official college transcript is required. You do not need to send us your transcript. We will obtain your transcript and scores from our Admissions Office.
Applicant is responsible to ensure that references are submitted by application deadline. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.