AM I ELIGIBLE TO APPLY? Please be sure to review our H-LSAMP Program Eligibility Information and participation requirements.
Please note: The online form cannot save partially completed applications. Be sure to assemble all the content and return to the online form when you are ready.
DEADLINES FOR FALL 2021 APPLICANTS:
Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Prepare a Word document and answer ALL of the following questions:
1. What are your STEM-related career goals, and why have you chosen this major?
2. What have you done so far to prepare yourself for a career in STEM?
3. Our program has a strong emphasis on getting students involved in STEM research, presenting their research at professional conferences, and encouraging students to attend graduate school. What STEM research areas are of interest to you? Are you currently involved in undergraduate research anywhere?
4. How have you demonstrated leadership or service to contribute to increasing diversity in STEM at Texas State University?
We would like to know a little more about you! Please be sure your resume includes your extracurricular activites, any STEM-related research experiences, volunteer service, honors, or other special programs and achievements.
Please list the name and email address of two (2) individuals who will serve as a reference for you. These individuals should be math, science, engineering, or technology professors or teachers who know you well and who are familiar with your academic performance and STEM-related career goals. Make sure to list ONLY their primary email address.
Be sure to receive permission from your professor before listing them as a reference.
Please notify your references that we will contact them via email to complete our online recommendation.
References will be requested automatically via electronic notification.
Applicants are responsible for ensuring that your recommendations are received by the deadline stated above.
* By submitting this application, I certify that this information is complete and correct to the best of my knowledge. I authorize the Texas State University H-LSAMP Scholars Leadership Team to review my student and academic records on file at Texas State University to verify the information in this application as well as my enrollment status, residency, declared major, and review my course grades, GPAs, academic transcripts, and standardized test scores.